The IRS announced that another 1.5 million taxpayers would receive refunds averaging more than $1,600 as it continues to adjust unemployment compensation from previously filed income tax returns. The ...
The IRS updated Rev. Proc. 2013-26, 2013-22 I.R.B. 1160, to reflect amendments to Code Sec. 451(b) made by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) ( P.L. 115-97) and related Reg. §§1.451-3 and 1.127...
The IRS Security Summit partners outlined how tax professionals can assist clients who were victims of unemployment compensation fraud schemes that targeted state workforce agencies in 2020 and 2021. ...
The IRS urged entities with Employer Identification Numbers (EINs) to update their applications if there has been a change in the responsible party or contact information. The Service called this a ke...
The IRS updated automatic consent procedures for taxpayers to change their method of accounting to comply with final regulations under Reg. §§1.451-3, 1.451-8, and 1.1275-2(l); and for certain in...
An individual, who was employed as a contractor on a US military base in Afghanistan, was entitled to exclude wages from gross income which she earned as "foreign earned income" under Code Sec. 911...
For California sales and use tax purposes, a taxpayer’s protest against California lumber products assessments (LPA) was sustained as the taxpayer established that it did not underreport its sales d...
Dear friends and clients,
We hope you are staying safe and Covid free. Our current office hours are:
Modesto/Oakdale offices M-F 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Closed for lunch from 12:00 - 1:00
Please contact us if you need to come by outside of this schedule so that we can make arrangements.
We are following CDC recommended procedures for the protection of staff and our clients and will continue to modify them as the CDC provides updates.
Here’s what you can expect from our offices until further notice:
- Our partners and staff will be alternating work schedules between office and remote locations to facilitate client interaction, while still promoting social distancing.
- Signs will be posted both outside and in the lobby, indicating the following:
- Masks are required for all staff while interacting with clients and should be worn by all clients entering our offices.
- No more than 1 client will be allowed in the lobby at the same time, unless from the same household. We discourage bringing children to our offices at this time.
- Meetings with partners will be by appointment only and shall be held via Zoom, or by phone.
We recommend calling ahead if you plan to visit one of our offices. This will enable office staff to properly clean and disinfect after each client interaction.
Although, our offices are open to the public we still strongly encourage clients to provide any necessary documents or information to our office electronically through Citrix ShareFile, if possible.
We look forward to hearing from you and hope this finds you well.
PBF CPAs and staff
Big enough to specialize - small enough to personalize