The IRS stated that a crowdfunding website or its payment processor may be required to report distributions of money raised if the amount distributed meets certain reporting thresholds by filing Form ...
The IRS reminded identity theft victims of important steps they should take to protect themselves from tax fraud. By requesting Identity Protection (IP) PINs from the Get an IP PIN tool, taxpayers ca...
The Treasury Department and the IRS have received requests from taxpayers for relief from penalties arising when additional income tax is owed because the deduction for qualified wages is reduced by t...
The IRS has issued final frequently asked questions (FAQs) for payments by Indian Tribal Governments and Alaska Native Corporations to individuals under COVID- Relief Legislation. These reflect update...
The IRS announced a temporary change in policy with respect to Form 8802, Application for United States Residency Certification, for a two-year period. Effective April 4, 2022, if taxpayers received a...
The IRS reminded tax-exempt organizations about the May 16, 2022, filing deadline for many of them. Those tax-exempt organizations that operate on a calendar-year basis have to file the following retu...
An out of state S corporation and its shareholders group (taxpayers) were properly subject to additional California corporate income tax assessment as the S corporation (corporation) was dissolved and...
Dear friends and clients,
We hope you are staying safe and Covid free. Our current office hours are:
Modesto/Oakdale offices M-F 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Closed for lunch from 12:00 - 1:00
Please contact us if you need to come by outside of this schedule so that we can make arrangements.
We are following CDC recommended procedures for the protection of staff and our clients and will continue to modify them as the CDC provides updates.
Here’s what you can expect from our offices until further notice:
- Our partners and staff will be alternating work schedules between office and remote locations to facilitate client interaction, while still promoting social distancing.
- Signs will be posted both outside and in the lobby, indicating the following:
- Masks are required for all staff while interacting with clients and should be worn by all clients entering our offices.
- No more than 1 client will be allowed in the lobby at the same time, unless from the same household. We discourage bringing children to our offices at this time.
- Meetings with partners will be by appointment only and shall be held via Zoom, or by phone.
We recommend calling ahead if you plan to visit one of our offices. This will enable office staff to properly clean and disinfect after each client interaction.
Although, our offices are open to the public we still strongly encourage clients to provide any necessary documents or information to our office electronically through Citrix ShareFile, if possible.
We look forward to hearing from you and hope this finds you well.
PBF CPAs and staff
Big enough to specialize - small enough to personalize